Well, the Mr. and I are back from Colorado. If you see us, we probably have our pouting faces on. At least our home in North Carolina is in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Reality could be a lot worse. Not only was our trip beautiful, fun, and left us wanting to go back tomorrow, it was also a great educational experience. Here is what we learned in Colorado.
1. Our sneaking suspicions were correct. We definitely want to move there.
2. If you are a hiking enthusiast, this is mecca.
3. Gas is ex-pen-sive! Over $4.00 per gallon!
4. Colorado gives you every opportunity to go outside and play. Every town we visited is full of trails and walking paths. All protected wilderness land is mapped out with miles of roads (that are well maintained), camping areas, atv trails, snowmobile trails, and wildlife viewing areas.
5. The drivers are very courteous.
6. There is a Starbucks in every single grocery store.
7. The Rockies are HUGE. Our tiny NC mountains look like foothills now.
8. Quaking Aspens are my new favorite trees.
9. Denver International is the nicest airport I have ever been to.
10. Our sneaking suspicions were correct. We definitely want to move there.
WINDY Breckenridge, CO
(This post was originally published on our sticks or stones blog, which is no longer in publication.)